Author Topic: Alternator  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Hidden

Alternator
« on: February 17, 2009, 21:17:31 pm »

My alternator will be :

24 Volt and 80 amp Leece newille alternator

(to be continued  :))

Offline Hidden

Re: Alternator
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 17:36:03 pm »
what do you mean 28 volts? Was it a steady 28 volt output like my alternator is a steady 12.5 volt output?

Thanks.

Yes your right...hmm... Well i guess the 28 volt output dosent mean much when the voltage regulator is removed on the output side...

But why he choose this heavy duty aircraft type must be that he could have a much higher voltage on the input of rotor and then again much higer voltage on the output than with a 12 Volt alternator.

If you look at patent number 4613779 : "Electrical pulse generator"  where written" A very uneffective device is the auto alternator .. so used an aircraft alternator insted... :)

Best regards

I belived some time that the alternator he used was from a early Ford Bronco or a Thunderbird, but when i zoomed in the black and white photo where the alternator and drive motor is on the ground and the fuel cell is beside the car, i could see two screws close to the bearing center of the alternator and the terminals had a different design.

The aircraft alternator i have found is the only one that match the one Stanley used.

Offline Hidden

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 19:19:56 pm »
Hi,

See attachment if you like alternators.... ;D

Offline Hidden

• Mr. OUTLAWiSTiC
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 19:58:44 pm »
good find man.. i like the alternators secret pdf too.. the one you found gives good picture of how the rotor magnets are what form the sine..  speed of the rotor will effect the freq.

Offline Hidden

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 20:36:25 pm »
good find man.. i like the alternators secret pdf too.. the one you found gives good picture of how the rotor magnets are what form the sine..  speed of the rotor will effect the freq.

Hi outlaw,

Thank you!

Yes, the alternator secrets pdf. is very good reading material...  We should also try PMA`s for the WFC.

Kind regards

Offline Hidden

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 20:54:16 pm »
Hi
        Just a query on aircraft systems, you only mentioned that it was 28 volts, now they have several systems.
 the 28volt is a DC generator, the alternator are normally 208volt 400hz 3phase, there is also 110 volt and an 208volt inverters driven by 28dc directly connected motor. I worked on the electrical aircraft systems for 10years.
the DC generators are big and heavy.
aussepom

Offline Hidden

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 23:06:51 pm »
Hi aussepom,

Ten years with aircraft electronics can be usefull in understanding what and how Stanley A. Meyer ran his buggy's on water.
Knowledge in electronics is needed here...

Yes, it was a DC generator, but with the voltage regulator removed and without the rectifier brigde it ended up like the newer AC systems.

Close to no current where pulsed, but the Voltage was high. Pulse generator....
However the blocking diode in the Voltage Intensifier Circuit cannot be a blocking diode, if there was a resonance involved in the water fuel cell...

But i am working on a... self resonating cell, so the alternator setup can wait.

I hope we get a breakthru soon... i am so fed up with filling petrol on my car.. ;D

Best regards