Author Topic: My tube cell, i need your ideas & suggestions  (Read 8742 times)

Offline Hidden

Re: My tube cell, i need your ideas & suggestions
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 13:00:00 pm »
One thing i noticed was that the pulse frequency doesn't really matter in Ravi's or Lawton's replications, they both are based on a frequency generator but there is nothing mentioned to a particular frequency which one has to use or how to find the right frequency.

It seemed that Ravi one time found the acoustic resonant frequency to be the same as the pulsed in Lawton's video, but then he dropped the idea. Lawton reports 300% without the bifilar coil so there is definitely no resonant circuit. Why the frequency?
It all seems more and more to be like in the video of the recently suspended account "StanleyMeyer" on Youtube. I found a mirror:

What do you guys think?

Offline Hidden

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 14:55:04 pm »

Your outer tubes appear to be all touching one another in the video.  I found that my gas production was much less when my outer tubes were allowed to touch one another.  I may not be seeing a spacer that you might be using. 

Well yeah it seems so, but they are not touching. I have a gap between 0.5mm and 1mm (0.0197" to 0.0394") and therefore i needed very small spacers, i use nylon strings and twisted yarn (right word?) to get this small gaps, when you look at the video again you'll notice the fine black strings and the (larger) green/white strings coming out from between the tubes (@18 - 20 sec you can see them the best), that are my spacers and as i said in the other thread: With no water in the cell i have around 9.2 Megaohms resistance between them, when they touch i have under 10Ohms Resistance between them, i'm measuring it everytime i switch on the unit to prevent short circuiting (tubes shouldn't touch unless you have a pretty large resistor in between, otherwise it shortcircuits).

I contacted Ravi several times and he answer's pretty fast (some hours), but he'd only say i have to look at his forum posts and he can't tell more and also the project is on hold.

Offline Hidden

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 16:31:47 pm »
Next thing i noticed, of the 8-9V going into the circuit only 2-3Volts are reaching the cell directly.
I made a picture of how i measured the voltage between the tubes.

Probably that's why my cell isn't getting warm, not necessarily a bad thing..

Offline Hidden

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 17:18:36 pm »
Wow i put my selfmade 760┬ÁH bifilar coils in between today and from the bubbles i think the efficiency increased more.
I'm getting everything ready for measurement and i hope by the end of the week i'll have data on efficiency of my replication (i hope it'll get better, because the coating isn't as good as it should be, think it needs more time).

But the question remains, i put 8-9V in, and only 2-3V of that reaches the cell, the mosfet greatly lowers the voltage. what should i do about that?

Offline Hidden

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 17:50:02 pm »
I would take the mosfet current, run it through the primary of a transformer with dual seconday outouts, and then match the chokes to the transformers inductance and see what that does to your tubes at resonance. You have to match the chokes to the transformer, otherwise you'll never get resonance in the circuit.

Offline Hidden

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 18:42:34 pm »
As i have no transformer at the moment i don't have to match the chokes to it ;)
I'm using the updated Dave Lawton circuit, and plan to use the transformer later, but not now.

Anyway: I dont think so, because the resonance is forced via voltage impulses and I guess the transformer can be seen as the supply line. Besides that the oscillation does only happen in one direction so the current doesn't go back through the transformer coil to hit the other side of the circuit.

Offline Hidden

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 13:08:41 pm »
it becomes stranger  :o
i had the cell run at 1.5amp 9V IN (3.2V directly measured between the tubes) and measured the Ohms between inner and outer tube while running: >17MOhm
How can a current flow with a resistance 17 megaohms?? The voltage has to be incredibly high for even a little current to flow.  ???

edit: oh i got a resonant circuit with variable resistance now.. have to calculate it all .. dont mind

Offline Hidden

• 50+
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 16:52:02 pm »
it becomes stranger  :o
i had the cell run at 1.5amp 9V IN (3.2V directly measured between the tubes) and measured the Ohms between inner and outer tube while running: >17MOhm
How can a current flow with a resistance 17 megaohms?? The voltage has to be incredibly high for even a little current to flow.  ???

edit: oh i got a resonant circuit with variable resistance now.. have to calculate it all .. dont mind

You can't measure resistance with a DVM while there is a voltage present, it gives a false reading.   

The DVM sends a very small current and measures the voltage drop across what you're measuring, so if there is voltage from a source other than the DVM, the measurement is hosed.

The water will also hold a charge when you shut off your PWM or other voltage source.  Therefore you must either discharge the voltage, wait for it to dissipate, or change the water before taking your measurement.

The same goes for taking capacitance measurements on your cell.

Are you pulsing the cell?  If so your voltage measurements are not right either.  The DVM set to DC volts can't measure a pulsed signal correctly. 

Mikemongo