Author Topic: Understanding Step Charging  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Hidden

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
Re: Understanding Step Charging
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 23:31:11 pm »
I don't really think it matters

Offline Hidden

• Global Kast : Water Fuel Cell Research
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 23:50:07 pm »
The reason I'm saying the cell needs to be more electronegative is because of two reasons:

1) Electronegativity - the attractive force that an atom exerts on an electron (e-). A dipole covalent bond is attracted more towards an electronegative field.

2) I think that is what Stan means in the drawing below, where he drew (-)(-) = (+)

Online Hidden

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 00:54:31 am »
Meyer talked straight about electronegativity of the oxigen explaining that the positive charge of its nucleus forces the hydrogen electron to stay within its orbits more than on hydrogen orbits.. this only occur because the electrons of oxygen and hydrogen have opposite spin so the spins can cancel and allow the situation of water molecule formed to be a situation of smaller energy than the separated gases.

Covalent bounds are strong but weaker than ionic bound  only materials that are ionicaly bounded has greater electronegativity diference such that the atoms totally steal the electron from the other atom totally...

Meyer said water could be split because of this sharing existence

He specifically say that whenever the water molecule lose one electron momentarily the covalent bound ceases to exist than he says that the atoms regain their lost electrons stabilize and exit as gas.

Here what he say is kind of a problem because is likely very hard to take this electrons away for a moment or at least it would theoretically takes lots of force to achieving it

Online Hidden

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 06:01:28 am »
The bottom line is that water molecule is neutral it has same number of protons and electrons so as its constituent parts was initially neutral charge only opposite spin.. 

I was thinking maybe Meyer was sorting the atoms by spin to impede the formation of water molecule since in a combustion chamber you get only spin up oxigen and spin up hydrogen the water molecule cannot be form I guess...

I also consider the possibility that he was kind of trying to make combustion of charged gas such as to get the energy of the impact to impede the stability of the molecule or at least forming it at a very intense temperature.
The problem with this is that it would leak the charge very fast upon passing the injector if it's not all plastic and also maybe the engine cylinder and piston coated with some insulator ceramic

If you get a negative voltage zone it will attract all the protons of the water for real and repel electrons

Some molecules will align others will be in the most difficult to imagine how...

If you get a positive voltage zone it will repel the protons and attract electrons to itself

Now

Electrons only can move in a electronic circuit is true but when a proton move in the electrolytes it causes the same effect in the circuit..

For example you apply a positive voltage and say you get the molecule ionized the electron not only will develop a current consumption on the high voltage line but will repel the positive proton resultant thru the electric field
This movement will cause in you opinion reaction on the input circuit?

Think about the cell has for example 5v across it but than in a moment it has a high voltage to dislodge the electrons, in what direction would it have to be to do all this ? Withou power consumption?

Online Hidden

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 06:17:59 am »
The fact of the hydrogen forming on the negative electrode and oxigen at the positive is not a mere coincidence it's related to the greater tendency of oxygen to have the hydrogen electrons at its orbits making it more eletropositive if you want and hydrogen electrons deficiency will make it be attracted to the negative side.

Diferent electrolytes have diferent mechanisms of conduction when the ph is 7 its said to have same amount of positive and negative ions

The presence of ions is related to contaminants if there's sodium it will have more OH- ions because the H+got suffocated by sodium íons..
let's think why you get burned when get wet with sodium solutions?

The OH- bond has already half the way broken and it become a linear molecule with a net charge.

If applying positive voltage in this perspective could it somehow be possible to attract more electrons than it would repel the protons? Would it be useful?

Online Hidden

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 04:08:54 am »

Online Hidden

• Global Moderator

Offline Hidden

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 10:04:40 am »
The reason I'm saying the cell needs to be more electronegative is because of two reasons:

1) Electronegativity - the attractive force that an atom exerts on an electron (e-). A dipole covalent bond is attracted more towards an electronegative field.

2) I think that is what Stan means in the drawing below, where he drew (-)(-) = (+)

That's a cool pic...i think we've seen it before tho...are there any special notes on feedback or unseen scopeshots of Stans?