Author Topic: Resonant Cavity  (Read 4683 times)

Offline Hidden

• 50+
Resonant Cavity
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:50:15 am »
This is the resonant cavity of WFC 422 figure 3-25

The water goes thru the center of the negative tube thru the groves into the cavity. The gasses go thru the outside of the negative tube to the inside of the negative tube and exit.

Each end of the center tube is drilled to match the weight of the outer tube. Water does not go or pass thru the center of the center tube, it goes thru the ends and around it like the print shows.

The insulated housing is step cut so that the outer tube bottoms out about a 1/4" from the ends. The ends of the insulated housing is then drilled/turned out to the O.D. of the inner tube. This centers and supports the center tube.

The insulated housing is drilled and tapped to accept a 5/16 - 24 threaded insulated stud that is drilled out to accept a 1/8" 304 SS rod that is threaded to the thickness of the tubes, that way it bottoms out against the unthreaded part of the rod. The inside of the tube where the rod goes thru is ground with a diamond bit to match the cell wall. If your good you could bottom tap it but this stuff is hard to tap. If you tap small holes in SS , get a larger bit and touch the outside of the hole you are going to tap, make it just a bit concave and you won't break taps.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 04:33:00 am by Hardkrome »

Offline Hidden

• Mr. OUTLAWiSTiC
Re: Resonant Cavity
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 05:17:56 am »
nice work man.

Offline Hidden

• 50+
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 05:28:35 am »
I have read something from you a long time ago regarding the weight matching .

So is this effective ?

I think you are the first to claim this about the tubes .

Excellent machining once again , I didnt know you were such an overall skilled builder .
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:47:45 am by Dankie »

Offline Hidden

• 50+
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:15:01 am »
Thanks,

I'll have to dig up some of his stuff and post it. However, when he goes to the bifilar chokes on the same core he talks about matching the intensity between the positive and negative. Both wires are the same length, so they both have the same resistance. The SS tubes are part of the circuit, that have a mass and resistance also.

Look at the early stuff of his and you see he is using the wiper on the negative side. He states that the circuit goes more positive than negative, The bifilar chokes eliminate that.
So he worked in the direction of eliminating the wiper. But he throws that in there to confuse.

Offline Hidden

• 50+
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:21:52 am »
Thanks,

I'll have to dig up some of his stuff and post it. However, when he goes to the bifilar chokes on the same core he talks about matching the intensity between the positive and negative. Both wires are the same length, so they both have the same resistance. The SS tubes are part of the circuit, that have a mass and resistance also.

Look at the early stuff of his and you see he is using the wiper on the negative side. He states that the circuit goes more positive than negative, The bifilar chokes eliminate that.
So he worked in the direction of eliminating the wiper. But he throws that in there to confuse.

what about the wiper ?

That wiper wasnt really a wiper , it was a moveable core

Its much easier to slide the core than to slide a complicated wiper

Offline Hidden

• Mr. OUTLAWiSTiC
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 15:37:52 pm »
i like the idea of matching the weight of the tubes.. it will give them equal parasitic capacitance right? then the bifilar coil not only provides the resistance but also by being the same length you give it equal maganetic reactance to each other on the core right?

Offline Hidden

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 18:01:24 pm »
wow i'm amazed how so many people can build this excellent things! i wish i'd be able to built something decent, nice and clean like yours.

well everyone has his talents, good work!

Offline Hidden

• 50+
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 19:57:09 pm »
Thanks Haithar

what about the wiper ?

That wiper wasnt really a wiper , it was a moveable core

Its much easier to slide the core than to slide a complicated wiper

When I posted this, I thought that people would like to see a close approximation of how the fig 3-25 cavity looked when built and that people would see how smart and how Stan Meyer thought out of the box.

I know that 4,798,661 shows a varible resistor on the negative choke. As just one example I'll mention.

When you build things you learn how they work.

Seeing as I have been gracious enough to share a few things on here with you. Your comments are trivial to me and I really can care less what you think. Nor will I waste anymore of my time defending what I know.

Climb out the Box that you think in.

This is a prime example of why other people like me don't talk or show anything. Everytime I mention this, I get attacked.